Saturday, November 22, 2008

Read what I read

If you look to the right, you’ll see my blogroll under “Stuff I Read.” I thought I might expound on a few of those. If you have more suggestions for stuff I should be reading, let’s hear it in the comments.

Sports Blogs

I read a lot about sports, baseball in particular. This should come as no surprise to those of you who frequent this site. Joe Posnanski has some of the best stuff written on the web if you can handle his unhealthy Bruce Springstein obsession. Dave Zirin's Edge of Sports site is more crazy-leftist than anything I write, but that doesn’t make it wrong. There’s a whole lot of Kansas City sports stuff on there that may not be of interest to fans from other cites. And if you’re a fan from another city, fuck you. Your team blows.

Pseudo-intelligent crap

I have a couple of sites on there to make you think I’m smart/well read. Don’t worry. I’m neither. Do you think I actually understand what the guys at Five Thirty Eight are saying? The comments at the Freakanomics blog are always interesting in that they’re never nearly as smart as the posts and often degenerate into inane fixed-stance political “debates.”

Personal friends of the blogger

The Israel Situation is run by a longtime friend of mine. He’s really good at staying on-topic, something I’ll probably never learn. For a guy who leans really far left in American politics, he really moves to the right on Israeli politics. Sean over at 124 Monkeys runs a blog more like mine in that he rotates between several themes/topics. Interesting stuff, even if he does have a bit of an insane streak in him. I’d chalk it up to PTSD, but that might be offensive.

No comments: